Rapid front-end development with Nodefront
- Seems like a simple question
- "I open up my text editor and start typing characters"
- How else do you write HTML?
than one way.
Verbosity - tag markers removed
Verbosity - doctype simplified
- Original code: 104 characters
- New code: 59 characters
- Percent reduction: 43.3%
- Contrived example, but this verbosity does affect efficiency
- No need to write raw, verbose HTML
- No, you aren't cool if you say "I write HTML in the raw!"
- Nodefront compiles over 23 templating/built languages
- Jade, Stylus, LESS, SASS, Markdown, Coffee Script, etc.
- Watch mode via
How do you
- Change/write CSS
- Switch context to browser
- Refresh browser
- Switch context to code
Editing CSS, Doubly Improved
- Change/write CSS using Stylus/LESS/SASS
How do you
- Visit jquery.com
- Click the download link
- Extract archive (not for jQuery, but for many other libraries)
- Put jquery.min.js into project directory
- Link to it in your HTML
What if all you needed was
Do you minify
- Download npm from npmjs.org
$ npm install -g nodefront
$ alias nf = 'nodefront'